Construction from 8.7.98
· Securing of the plants of the area in question
· Height controlled excavation for settling pond, 300m²
surface, max depth 1.1m
· Height controlled excavation for 7 purification ponds.
Total length of ponds 110m, width approx 7m,
maximum depth 1.1m
· Excavation for filter ponds, erection of a high water
Total earth movement approx 2100 tons.
Securing of the plants of the area in question
Creation of a flat water zone for
The momentary construction work July, 10, 1998
· Lining of settling pond and all purification ponds with
black pond foil.
· This foil has been treated by the Plocher System and
carries the information for effluent purification.
· Covering the foil with sand to protect against damage
thereafter a pebble layer is put on. In that pebble
layer they work in PES informed zeolith.
· Between the various ponds build-up of pebble barriers
for water filtration. In these barriers empty pipes are
put down for later installation of biocatalysts.
· Re-planting of the secured marsh plants into the
Lining of settling pond and all purification ponds with
black pond foil
Covering the foil with pebbles
Situation July, 12, 1998
Installations of biocatalysts, re-planting
· Installation of the biocatalysts which have received
specific information in Meersburg for project Zeralda.
They will be installed into the empty pipes.
· Planting of the biological sewage plant with 390 marsh
plants imported from PVS Sudheimer in D-64579
Gernsheim. These plants were during their total
growth period, treated with penac products and flown
in from Germany.
· Flooding of the plant directly after planting was
Installation of biocatalysts
The plants treated according to PES are being
laid out for planting
Flodding on July, 14, 1998
The results, July,15, 1998
· The new biological sewage plant receives hourly
· Besides waste water from showers, toilets and
washing, further considerable contamination through
old oil which also flows in.
· A lot of activity can be seen in the water through
strong bubbles forming.
· Purification pond 4 becomes inhabited by frogs and
· Due to the optimum biological conditions in the
settling ponds (water and sand informed with the PES)
the old oil is successfully broken down and digested
· Treatment of beach on 14.7.98 and after that no
further bad smells were observed.
· The water from the overflow of the biological sewage
plant into the sea is clear and odourless from 17.7.98
Overflow of effluent into 3rd
Overflow after passing the last filter pond. The water is clear
Photo: August, 17, 1998
Inspection and Opening, 18.7.98
· Handing over to the Governor de Grand Alger
· Informing residents and at the same time distributing
4,000 sifters of penac-w to use in the private
households of Zeralda.
· Telling residents of the possibilities of using the new
purified effluent for irrigation and agriculture.
Handing over to the Governor
Inspection an opening
· Photo of July, 8, 1998, without biological sewage plant.
· Building and running of new biological sewage plant
through Plocher Consult within 10 days.
· Photo July, 17, 1998, target clearly achieved.
Target clearly achieved, July, 17, 1998
Before: July, 8, 1998
back to top